Thursday, July 14, 2011

Acne Spring 2012

What was seen as Swedish heritage, in this case retro, dominated the clothes of the Spring Summer 2012 collection this year for Acne, with Johansson, a Swedish designer, now at the helm. The models walked on a turquoise runway surrounded by hot pink and were made up to look like guys from the 70s, with their hair gelled back and the make-up not apparent. 

The pants were high waist and the Men's ankles were more exposed, they keep getting higher and higher. I loved the texture of the jeans, its denim but it looks very sturdy as if its not going to wrinkle; a sort of fake denim material made to look like denim!
I loved the strap sandals.
The longer length coats are everywhere this season and I absolutely love it.
This camouflage floral print is really cool. I especially liked it in blue.
This take on sweaters was something new that I haven't seen before. Although it seems many designers no longer are going for the layered look, I feel like these will do well.
This is probably the only time I can remember where I loved club collars (collars that round around the end) and turquoise on a man, the boldness is very minimalist and classy.
Acne always does the glasses so well, they are of course, plastic, but they look like they could have been made of glass and the edges are refined and distinctly European.

No comments:

Post a Comment