Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Emanuel Ungaro Fall Winter 2011.2012

Ok. Yes. I admit it. The Women's Fall Winter 2011.2012 runway shows have been long over with, and we are about to start the women's Spring Summer 2012 season, but I have to get this in before the upcoming season starts. Although many critics have loved it, and many have hated it; I loved Ungaro's most recent show because of its sexiness, its uniqueness, its tribal elements, things I will always love.

"I dress mistresses, not wives," was a famous statement by Emanuel Ungaro when he was still the brand's creative director. Now, 7 years later, it is apparent that not much has changed. This very sexy collection was held in an opulent room in Paris that could have been part of the palace at Versailles. Almost everything was black, and nothing was left to the imagination as soon as the first girl walked the runaway in a black jumpsuit-like dress.
Tribal chokers were on nearly every model, and Solstiss fleece was used on some occasions, but when I did see them, I didn't particularly like them. The black leather jeans will undoubtedly do well, and often outfits had the waist exposed but covered in a black tight spandex-like material. The element of wolfs and hawks like the women who dress in them were apparent, as were the bold, sparkly shoes in turquoise, intense pinks and black. A cabled Sweater with hawk claws near the end was particularly great and a double-breasted jacket/ dress was very sexy.
One of the trends I hope comes from this is the skirts and dresses in black leather without any sort of shape. It is very futuristic and very sexy, in my opinion; but has a very limited clientele. Another highlight were the green on black skirts and dresses like twill, which I feel will do really well, particularly among the Japanese.

I just loved it so much, and, pity I'm not a girl and can't afford it, but in its own way it deserves a special place away from fashion week.

No comments:

Post a Comment